- 3 LBS boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium turnips, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large parsnip, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut up
- 1 small eggplant, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can mushrooms, stems & pieces, drained
- 4 small Habanero peppers, sliced thin (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, cut up
- 2 cups kale, de-stalked and torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Mrs. Dash Italian Medley
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a large 8 qt non-stick stock pot.
- Heat over medium flame till boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If it begins to become too dry, add more water to prevent it from burning to the bottom of the pot, but not so much that it becomes soup.
Serve over rice or small pasta, if you are not concerned about carbs.
Serves 6-8 people