I made this same dish, previously, using a cut up boneless pork roast, and my husband loved it. But since my daughter doesn’t eat pork, I made it again, using chicken. The whole lemon slices really add a nice flavor to this, better than just using the juice. They are edible, peels and all, but you might want to pick them out of you dish if you have a history of kidney stones, since lemon peels are abundant in oxalic acid, which may contribute to kidney stones in some people.
- a family pack of boneless chicken thighs or a boneless pork roast, cut up
- 1 onion, cut up
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp powdered rosemary
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp powdered oregano
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 bunch kale, torn off center stalks, into bite sized pieces
- Toss it all in pressure cooker (kale last).
- Cook on high heat & high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Give it a gentle stir.
- Serve over rice.
Note: This may seem rather soupy, with a lot of liquid., But I assure you that it has turned out the way it should be. This dish does not have a thickened gravy. Just spoon the meat and vegetables on top of the rice, draining off some of the liquid as you scoop it out of the pot.