This is the staple of my daughter’s existence, one of the first things she reaches for, when she wants fast food.
Making burritos is quick and easy. Place a few spoonfuls of this filling on a flour tortilla, top with some shredded cheese, pop it in the microwave for about a minute, add some hot sauce and sour cream, roll it up and eat.
This recipe makes about a gallon of filling. I recommend dividing it into quart size or smaller containers, leaving one in your fridge and freezing the rest.
- 3 to 3.5 LBS boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 Qt unsalted chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
- 2 LBS dry black beans
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 2 TBS smoked paprika
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Add all ingredients, except for the chicken, to your pressure cooker pot.
- Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Arrange chicken thighs on top, pressing down gently, to submerge them into the liquid.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Unplug your pressure cooker, letting the pressure release naturally, for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken and shred it up.
- Mash beans slightly with a potato masher.
- Return shredded chicken to the pot and stir well to combine.