This is a great, simple recipe, that will allow you to have your own homemade soup cup baggies on hand, at a fraction of the cost of buying the commercially made envelopes.
Make a bunch of them ahead of time, stick them in snack sized resealable baggies, and stash them in a desk drawer at work, for a quick and easy any time soup snack.
You can make them in any flavor you wish. You can use regular or whole wheat pasta, add more or less pasta to suit your preferences, add some dehydrated vegetables if you want, or even use low sodium bouillon as your base.
The magic that makes this work is in the pasta you use. Angel hair and pastina pasta is so fine, that they can cook right in your cup in about a minute or 2, using only the heat from the boiling water.
- instant bouillon powder, in your choice of flavor
- dried parsley
- uncooked angel hair pasta or pastina
- Dehydrated vegetable bits (optional)
- Snack sized zip top plastic bags
- Place 1 tsp of bouillon in each plastic baggie.
- Add a small amount of parsley to each baggie.
- Break the angel hair pasta into small pieces, adding some to each baggie.
- Add a small amount of dehydrated vegetable bits to each baggie (optional).
- Seal the baggies, pressing the air out of them, so they will lie flat for storage.
When you are hungry:
- Pour contents of one baggie into a mug.
- Add boiling water.
- Let stand for a couple of minutes.
- Stir and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon links appearing on this website.