- 1 pound of linguine (I like that better than fettuccine and it’s cheaper) You can also substitute with spaghetti, if you want.
- 1 8oz block package of light cream cheese (regular makes it too heavy, fat free won’t melt right)
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic (the kind that comes in a jar)
- dried parsley (enough to make it look lightly speckled)
- Chop up the block of cream cheese and the stick of butter and place in a medium to small saucepan. Add the milk, garlic, parsley, and grated cheese.
- Cook over a very low flame, stirring constantly, till all ingredients are thoroughly melted, blended, and smooth. Remove from flame. (it may get thick & clumpy as it cools…don’t worry about it)
- Cook linguine according to package directions and drain.
- Add the sauce and stir till linguine is thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave. Add a little milk and heat 1 minute at a time, stirring in between, so it doesn’t fry.
You can add things like a can of mushrooms (drained), cooked broccoli, cooked shrimp, etc., to the sauce when it’s done cooking, to give it a little more pizazz.