1 large can solid pack pumpkin
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp nutmeg
- Mix together above ingredients in a large bowl.
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
- Combine these dry ingredients and add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Mix well to form a stiff batter.
- Pour into 2 ungreased NONSTICK loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour
- Remove from pans and cool.
- While still warm, wrap loaves in wax paper and place in plastic bags.
This is fantastic for making peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Tastes like dessert for lunch!