This is what is traditionally used as stunt glass in movies.
1/2 cup water (boiled)
1 cup sugar
5 TBS corn syrup
- Combine and boil 6-8 minutes till 310° on a candy thermometer.
- Oil a pan.
- Pour in pan.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Carefully lift from pan and used as desired.
What can you use this for? I had 3 ideas:
- You could use it for the windows in a gingerbread house.
- You could skip the gingerbread and build the whole house out of it. (imagine how awsome a glass candy house would look!)
- You could use it to make some rather interesting edible Christmas decorations to hang on your tree instead of the traditional candy canes. Maybe paint them with food coloring.
I have never tried this recipe but I have had it in my book for many years. If you try it, please post a comment and let me know the results. Maybe supply some tips for working with this stuff or other ideas on what you can use it for.