A great vegan winter soup.
- 1 lb dried beans (16 bean mixed variety)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic (chopped)
- 4 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 3 lbs of fresh carrots (chopped)
- 8 vegetable boullion cubes
- 12 cups of water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ lb small uncooked pasta
- Place dried beans in a medium sized saucepan and add enough water to cover them.
- Heat to boiling and boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and let it stand for 2 hours.
- Drain the beans and rinse them well.
- Place the beans in a large 8 quart stock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except pasta) and the 12 cups of water.
- Heat to boiling.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 90 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook pasta, according to package directions, and drain.
- Add pasta to soup and serve.