This was always one of my daughter’s favorite cookies. Peanut butter and chocolate combined together. What’s not to love?
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Extra sugar for dipping
- 48 chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Combine all ingredients, except extra sugar and kisses, with an electric mixer at low speed, till a stiff dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately top with kisses, pressing down firmly.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely before storing.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through Amazon links appearing on this website.